Sunday, April 1, 2012

Renewing

As Spring Break comes to a close, I am feeling ready to return to work.

The amazing concept of time is challenging.  When we return, I believe we have 53 teaching days prior to exams (English Exams are early so some of you may have longer).  These days will be full of different goals and feelings.  Consider all the different scenarios - the student failing vs the student coasting.  On some accounts, they may be the same student.

I am spending some time considering interactions with all the scenarios.  I wish for every student is that they succeed...   I wish for them to do their best.

What do I do when they are under-achieving?  I keep trying to communicate with them.  Here, my challenge is to not say the same old words - they have not worked in the past!  Try new words!  I then have the thought that the same words may work this one time.

Here is my secret...  regardless of what words I use...
I am continueing to try to reach them.
Never Give Up!

"If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win but think you can't,
It's almost certain you won't.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the man who thinks he can."
Walter D. Wintle


May we all do our best with what we have!



No comments:

Post a Comment